Thursday, August 11, 2011

Previously on... my life

Welcome to my new blog, thepreviously.com. If you aren't a mildly-obsessive television watcher like me, you may not know that The Previously is the name for that recap at the beginning of a tv show that reminds you of what just went down last week, presumably as a nod to the fact that your crack-like addiction to the DVR is slowly rotting your memory. For example:

"Previously on Rock of Love... skanks acted like skanks."

"Previously on 24... Jack Bauer woke up, ate breakfast, showered and killed seven terrorists before dawn."

"Previously on Gilmore Girls... pretty people spoke really, really fast."

"Previously on Bridezillas... bitches went crazy."

I have always enjoyed TV. I know that gets a lot of judgement and that's fine - judge on. I judge the hell out of you for not understanding the hilarity of Chuck, the pure amusement Big Brother brings or the delicious drama Pretty Little Liars serves up.

Outside of television habits, I'm a happily-married mother of one and a happy-just-to-be-employed journalist.

On this blog, I'll be dishing about all of that and my favorite television. Some of my favorites shows of all time include: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Gilmore Girls, Scrubs, Pushing Daisies, Veronica Mars, Arrested Development and Twin Peaks. Current favorites you'll probably see pop up on the blog include Teen Mom in all its forms, Big Brother, Pretty Little Liars, Chuck, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Castle, Gossip Girl, Bored to Death and Dexter.

You'll probably also sometimes hear about the ridiculous (and usually slightly trampy) adventures of my Sims, whom I always name after favorite TV and movie characters.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment